Embedded in the Official Sanders Campaign Rally at the San Diego Qualcomm Stadium Parking Lot, Sunday … as well as reports and speculation from other real and virtual realms.
Everyone and their mother knows that the California Democratic Presidential Primary election is too close to call and totally dependent on voter turnout (duh), which is really unpredictable, although Sanders does have a good field teams. Plus we will use the lines and the time waiting to vote for good things to happen, i.e., petitions to be signed.
Re the rally, my sense is that the Campaign hoped for 40 thousand people and only 10,000 showed up. Mostly young. All Berniacs. With surprisingly really good musical choices from the stage. Honoring the ancestors. Remembering the Braceros who - in the early 40's when many young men were engaged in the war effort - were Mexican workers we advertised to come to Cali to work in the fields. Cesar Chavez’ grandson also spoke. He said his papa would be happy and proud to stand w Bernie and would say, “Si, se puede”
The guy from the Cape showed up at the rally and gave away the last few 100 of the 4,000 buttons he brought from MA in a suitcase he had to check in at the airport … that weighed just under fifty pounds … of buttons!! Kudos to Michael Tafe, the productive super canvasser and Bernie Delegate from MA, the man of myth, the outstanding Boston Button Fairie himself. I left after 3 hours … before Berne spoke.
- Meanwhile, on the East coast, here’s what Elizabeth said about super D’s … http://thehill.com/…/282232-warren-i-dont-believe-in-superd….
- And here’s what Democrats in Wisconsin did - http://fox11online.com/…/wisconsin-democrats-eliminate-supe…
- I believe that any delegate who pledged for Hillary b4 a certain date … surely b4 Bernie officially declared … or within a month of his declaration … or within some yet to be determined point in time … that delegate is disqualified.
- Here’s what I think are a few “predicate understandings” –
- The popular vote and the elected delegate vote are for all intents and purposes tied at 50%.
- Each of these highly EXPERIENCED and perhaps qualified candidates can run on their records, but not their records alone … And their records are each unique.
- A president’s highest duty is to country, not person.
- A delegate’s highest duty is to country … to assuring the candidate who will be nominated is likely guided by the desire to provide the greatest good for the greatest number of people.
- Some believe there is a potentially solid legal challenge to some super D's. We can't give up on Bernie being the nominee until he isn't.
- And!!! if she who shall not be named is not willing to debate Bernie and discuss openly (again and again if need be), in forum after forum ... 3 times a week every week for an hour ... then she is incapable of leading or representing us.
- Country before self.
Finally, only Bernie beats trump. Only Bernie can win his own midterm Congress. Only Bernie can break the gridlock. Only Bernie is really a man of the people.
The name of the overall movement/coalition is We the People.